SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) is an internetstandard protocol for managing devices on IP networks. SNMP exposes management data in the form of a hierarchy of variables in a MIB (Management Information Base).
WCC Lite supports SNMP service which is not added to default build of firmware but can be installed as a module. It enables user to collect data on various parameters of system:
- CPU time time spent for calculations of various processes:
- user - time for user processes;
- system - time for system processes;
- idle - time spent idling;
- interrupts - time spent handling interrupts.
- CPU load average - CPU load average for 1, 5 and 15 minutes respectively;
- Disk usage:
- total - total amount of storage in the device (in kB)
- available - amount of storage available to store data (in kB)
- used - amount of storage used in the device (in KB)
- blocks used percentage - blocks (sectors) used to store data in a disk (in kB)
- inodes used percentage - the inode (index node) is a data structure in a Unixstyle file system that describes a filesystem object such as a file or a directory. Each inode stores the attributes and disk block location(s) of the object’s data.
Memory usage - RAM usage statistics:
- total - total amount of RAM in the device (in kB);
- available - unused amount of RAM in the device (in kB);
- shared - shared amount of RAM between multiple processes (in kB);
- buffered - refers to an electronic buffer placed between the memory and the memory controller;
- cached - a portion of memory made of highspeed static RAM (SRAM) instead of the slower dynamic RAM (DRAM) used for main memory;
- MTU - maximum transmission unit to be sent over network;
- speed - rate of network transmission;
- physical address - unique MAC address assigned to a device;
- tx/rx: byte, packet, drop, error count;
- uptime - time since the device was turned on;
- process uptime - time since the process has been started;
- hostname - a label that is assigned to a device connected to a computer network;
- name - name of the device (if defined);
- location - location of the device (if defined).